Ocinum Sactum is the botanical name of Basil which is widely known as Tulsi. Apart from being a religious plant has various health benefits. It can be used for minor health problem like bad breadth to major one , like prevention in formation of kidney stones
1. It has antioxidant properties
2. It delays the process of ageing.
3. It helps to fight cholesterol
4. It also boosts immune system
5. It is helpful in preventing liver cancer.
6. It acts as nerve tonic and they sharpen memory.
7. Its leaves can be used to treat fevers.
8. It helps to mobilize mucus in bronchitis and asthma.
9. Chewing its leaves relieves cold and flu.
10. Its seed mixed with curd or honey stops vomiting in children.
11. Black Tulsi can also be used for excessive spit in the mouth.
12. It is also said to be good for heart, and is said to have digestive properties.
13. It prevents inflammation and it has both antifungal and antibacterial properties.
14. It helps in regulating uric acid levels in the body thereby eliminating the risk of developing kidney stones.
15. Water boiled with its leaves can be taken as drink in case of sore throat. This water can also be used as a gargle.
16. Powdered leaves can be used to prevent bad breadth.
17. It has anti diabetic properties.
18. It also helps in regulationg uric acid levels in the body thereby eliminating the risk of kidney stones.