Orange juice is good for the treatment of cold, high blood pressure, rheumatism and obesity. Further the juice is highly recommended for detoxification.
Consumption of orange can have following health benefits.
1. It being alkaline food helps to make PH alkaline hence reducing the acidity.
2. It reduces the chances of cancer.
3. It helps in building up immunity. They repair body tissues and speed up the healing process in case of injury.
4. Its rich vitamin content helps protect teeth and gums and makes them strong.
5. The antioxidant properties of vitamin C along with other elements help delay the formation of cataract in eyes.
6. Consumption of orange juice is recommended to facilitate the digestion.
Further not only orange but its peel too has tremendous health benefits.
It is a powerhouse of fiber, flavonoids and vitamins and offers following benefits
1. D-limonene an active chemical in orange peels helps relieve heartburn and indigestion.
2. It has also been used to naturally whiten stained teeth.
3. Further high levels of contents of Vitamin C helps them to remove yellow stain from nails. Rub fresh orange peels two to three times a day on them daily. Or alternatively a mixture can be prepared by mixing two table spoon of dried orange peel to water to make a thick paste. Apply this paste to the stained nail and keep for ten minutes after which it can be removed with soft tooth brush. Nail later has to be washed with Luke warm water.